Looking for a fun and delicious way to use your overripe bananas? These little morsels are fun, fast and taste delicious! Give them a try for an on-the-go energy boost, as a midday pick me up, or a healthy bite for when those sweet cravings creep on!
These bites combine plant protein, healthy fats, fiber and brain-boosting carbs to give you the energy you need throughout the day and to support your practice. Don’t let energy dips hold you back! Instead grab a few bites from the freezer and off you go!
🍌Banana Chia Energy Bites🍌
* ½ cup mashed ripe banana (from 1 medium banana)
* 1/3 cup creamy natural nut butter (your choice)
* 1/4 cup honey (or sub pure maple syrup)
* 1/2 cup raw or toasted walnuts (or pecans)
* 1 tbsp chia seeds
*1 tbsp hemp seeds
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* ¼ tsp salt
* 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
For the drizzle:
* ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
* 1 teaspoon coconut oil
* Optional: finish with raw black sesame seeds for added nutrition, flavor and aesthetics!
1. Add all ingredients (besides ingredients for the drizzle) to a food processor and pulse until they are well combined but not smooth (you still want some chunks in there).
2. Grab dough with a cookie scoop, spoon or ice cream scoop and roll into balls with your hands (FYI: if the dough sticks to your hands, wet your hands a bit before you roll). You should get 15-20 balls, depending on the size of your scoop. Place balls on a parchment lined baking sheet so they don’t stick and freeze for 30 minutes.
3. For the drizzle: Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl or to a small saucepan. Microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted, or put over low heat on the stove to melt. Drizzle the mixture over the bites (you can use a spoon or you can add the mixture once cooled a bit to a ziplock bag and cut the corner to create a pastry bag for more even drizzle), then place back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
*Keep balls in the freezer and let sit at room temp for a few minutes to soften before eating. Enjoy!!!