There were way too many cucumbers in the fridge and I was looking for something delicious to make…that is how this recipe came about.
Cucumbers are not only hydrating which supports all of our body functions, our weight, our skin, our mood….you name it- BUT they also have fiber which helps keep your digestive system functioning well and regularly and boosts immunity through feeding your gut microbes.
Sesame seeds are high in healthy fats which help to support hormones and balance your cholesterol levels. They also contain copper and manganese which are trace minerals that have strong antioxidant properties and support enzymatic function.
I toasted the sesame seeds for a richer, nuttier flavor but you can also add them raw.
Great to use as a side dish or a snack- always cooling, refreshing and replenishing for the mind, body and soul.
- English Cucumbers or Seedless Cucumbers
- Pickled red onion (or use fresh if pickles is not available)
- White wine vinegar
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Slice the cucumber into medallions
- Add vinegar to coat cucumbers
- Top with pickled red onions, toasted sesame seeds and a pinch of salt.