Who doesn’t love the combo of lemon and raspberry, especially on a nice Spring day? When those weekend brunch cravings hit, this is a great go-to if you are feeling like something sweet! Light and refreshing yet satisfying and decadent all at the same time. YUM!
These pancakes are a breeze to whip up and the ricotta adds such a nice texture and flavor component, there is honestly no reason to go without it (unless of course you don’t eat dairy). Give it a try and let us know how it goes!
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- ½ c ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk. After that, add all the wet ingredients EXCEPT the coconut oil and mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together until combined. Then add the coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Next heat a medium/large skillet and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop pancake batter into the skillet in ⅓ cup portions. Wait a few minutes until bubbles start to appear and then flip and let sit for another minute or so depending on how browned you like you pancakes.
- Top with fresh raspberries, maple syrup and butter (or whatever you love!)