Lemon always has such a lovely way of brightening things up! And poppy seeds are rich in trace minerals that help our body’s function optimally. What’s better than putting the two together in a fun, light snack that everyone is sure to enjoy?
- 1 egg beaten or 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp or so lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup flour, gf ok
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
(Use regular or junior loaf pan or make 8 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your pan.
- In a medium sized bowl mix egg, applesauce, syrup, lemon juice, zest, vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, almond flour, baking powder, pinch salt.
- Combine the two via folding, do not overmix.
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Transfer to loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until knife comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Whisk together the glaze and drizzle on.
- Slice, amazing!